Coursera online course
Coursera is an American learning online platform/website where one can take various courses on a wide range of subject matters. It used to be a non-profit organization but now they have transformed into a for-profit one. they are doing a great job to provide education to the general population all over the world.
- Coursera works with universities to make some of their courses available online, and offers courses in physics, engineering, humanities, medicine,biology, social sciences, mathematics, business, computer science, and other subjects.Each course includes short video lectures on different topics and assignments to be submitted, usually on a weekly basis.
- Coursera courses approximate from six to ten weeks long, with one to two hours of video lectures a week. These courses provide quizzes, weekly exercises, and sometimes a final project or exam.
- Coursera provides universal access to the world’s best education, partnering with top universities and organizations to offer courses online.
- Coursera, one of the world’s leading online learning platforms offers MOOCs or Massive Open Online Courses
- It partners with 207 education and corporate institution including Yale, Stanford, University of Pennsylvania and Google across 52 countries in offering 4,113 courses to its learners. The platform uses recorded lectures, assigned readings and auto or peer graded assignments/ projects and community discussion forums as an alternate to traditional classroom or live online learning experience.
- Coursera has continued to evolve and innovate; from starting off as individual courses it then went on to monetizing through certificates of completion, and then eventually partnered with institutions to launch specialization for topics like data science, AI, and Machine Learning by combining a series of courses of the same partner. It then launched accredited Master track certificates in topics such as Supply Chain Excellence.
- The Platform is extremely scalable with an addressable market of the entire adult population of the world. Although customers often multi-home with other EdTech rivals such as Edx, Udacity, Code Academy, Udemy and other online University education programs, Coursera is sustainable because of the breath of its content and partnerships.
Advantages of Coursera:
- Learning and upskilling
- Its free or much cheaper than traditional education
- Access to lectures from some of the top instructors and thought leaders of the world
- Its self-paced so individual could learn after work or on weekends
- Flexible learning options in the form of courses, Specialization and Degrees
- Access to technical data science, programming and frontier technologies
Pune Vidyarthi Griha’s College of Engineering Nashik (PVGCOEN)staff and students can use the online courses from various institutes and universitiesbyusing Coursera platforms. The Coursera facilitates the learner’s activities, learner’s feedback, skill development, Skills index, Industry trends etc. The recent analysis shows that the learning proficiency by top skill development distribution comprises and categorised from top to bottom as a Computer programming with top skill, followed by statistical programming, theoretical computer science, cloud computing, web development, operating system, data management, machine learning, data analysis, Communication, computer networking, mathematics, probability and statistics, security engineering, Mobile development, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer graphics, Leadership and Management, Research and Design etc.
Coursera Usage report:
|Total unique learners||138|
|Learners who have enrolled in at least one course||138|
|Total unique courses||162|
|Total course completions||90|
|Total verified course completions||90|
|Total unique course completers||42|
|Total estimated hours spent||1197|
|Learners who have completed 50% of a course||51|
|Learners who have joined the program but have not enrolled in a course||40|
|Learners who have enrolled in 1 course||54|
|Learners who have completed 1 course||22|
|Learners who have enrolled in 2 courses||32|
|Learners who have completed 2 courses||9|
|Learners who have enrolled in more than 2 courses||52|
|Learners who have completed more than 2 courses||11|
Coursera login to Online Courses: Click here for Login