- About Department
- Academic Infrastructure
- Student Corner
- Activities and Events
- Result Analysis
- Career Opportunity / Scope of AI & DS
Artificial Intelligence and Data Science (AIDS) is the science and Engineering of making Intelligent Machines, especially intelligent computer Programs. AIDS is an interdisciplinary branch of science, engineering and technology creating a complete ecosystem and widely used in almost every sector of the technical industry, academics and research. Artificial Intelligence and Data Science is the future of technology which are rapidly changing the world at very high rate. The basic objectives of this course is to train students with the next age of Intelligence and analytics generated by machines, influencing the human lives to help improve efficiencies and augment human capabilities, influencing consumer products with significant breakthroughs in healthcare, manufacturing, finance and retail industries.
Pune Vidyarthi Griha’s College of Engineering and S. S. Dhamankar Institute of Management, Nashik have started this branch in the A.Y. 2021-22 with intake capacity of 60. The aims and objective of the branch is to develop a basic understanding of problem solving, knowledge representation, reasoning and learning methods of Artificial Intelligence. This course enables the students to develop their skillset to do intelligent data analysis which is a key component in the emerging Data Science careers in IT field. A major portion of AI involves Machine Learning, which trains the computer systems to understand and copy human behaviour by finding data patterns. Machine learning is the link that connects Data Science and AI. AI is the tool that helps data science get results and the solutions for specific problems. The department is emphasized on research, design and development of next generation cutting-edge technologies in the area of Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics.
Artificial Intelligence & Data Science department of the institute is equipped with well-set six laboratories as Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security and Internet of Thing (IOT). A well – structured class rooms and highly configured computer systems are provided to the students to carry out the lab experiments. A well-qualified and experience faculty members with areas of specialization are disseminated in the department to guide the students to excel in their academic.
- PO1- Engineering knowledge Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, Engineering fundamentals, and an Engineering specialization to the solution of complex Engineering problems.
- PO2- Problem analysis Identify, formulate, review research literature and analyze complex Engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and Engineering sciences.
- PO3- Design / Development of Solutions Design solutions for complex Engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and Environmental considerations.
- PO4- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5- Modern Tool Usage Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern Engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex Engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6- The Engineer and Society Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practices.
- PO7- Environment and Sustainability Understand the impact of the professional Engineering solutions in societal and Environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8- Ethics Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of Engineering practice.
- PO9-Individual and Team Work Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10- Communication Skills Communicate effectively on complex Engineering activities with the Engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11- Project Management and Finance Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary Environments.
- PO12- Life-long Learning Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO1- Professional Skills-The ability to understand, analyze and develop computer programs in the areas related to algorithms, system software, multimedia, web design, networking, artificial intelligence and data science for efficient design of computer-based systems of varying complexities.
- PSO2- Problem-Solving Skills- The ability to apply standard practices and strategies in software project development using open-ended programming environments to deliver a quality product for business success.
- PSO3-Successful Career and Entrepreneurship- The ability to employ modern computer languages, environments and platforms in creating innovative career paths to be an entrepreneur and to have a zest for higher studies.
Course OutcomesAI &DS Department Course Outcomes(COs)
|Head of Department|
|Qualification: M.E. (Software System)|
|Experience: 16 Years|
|Area of Interest (s) : Machine Learning , Data Structure|
|Qualification: M.E. (Computer Engineering)|
|Experience: 04 Years|
|Area of Interest (s) : Image Processing , Internet of Things|
|Qualification: M.E. (Computer Engineering)|
|Experience: 03 Years|
|Area of Interest (s) : Data Structures|
Prof. Mahesh A.PatilAssistant Professor
|Qualification: M.E.(Communication Engineering)|
|Experience: 14 Years|
|Area of Interest (s) : Software Testing|
Prof. Anagha A SalunkeAssistant Professor
|Qualification: M.Tech (Advanced Computing and Data Science) , CDAC|
|Experience: 06 Months|
|Area of Interest (s):Machine Learning , Data science , Data visualization|
Mr.Swapnil J. BorseTechnical Assistant
|Qualification: Dip.(E &TC)|
|Experience: 13 Years|
|Sr. No.||Laboratory Name|
|1||Artificial Intelligence Lab|
|2||Data Analytics Lab|
|3||Cloud Computing Lab|
|4||Machine Learning Lab|
|5||Cyber Security Lab|
Academic Calendar (2023-24)
Time Table2023-24 SEM I - Click here 2023-24 SEM II
Activities and Events
1. Engineer’s Day(15th Sept,2022)
The Very First Event of AI&DS Department Conducted by students. The Engineer’s Day 15 Sept,2022 was conducted in a college classroom for a duration of 2 hours. On this special first event each and every student of second year AI&DS dept helped to make this event successful. All decoration and arrangement done by students. All Teacher staff and students of other departments were invited. Facilitation was done, speeches were given by students, games were organized for students. It was the first Successful event.
2.Dussehra Celebration(4th Oct, 2022)
Dussehra marks the change of season. Indian traditions have always had their roots in science. The yajnas performed during Navratri and Dussehra are believed to cleanse the environment of disease-causing germs prevalent during the shift from monsoon to winter - which is when Dussehra is celebrated. In 04th Oct,2022 at college in AI&DS Department, Students Decorated the labs, Drawn the beautiful rangoli all over Department by these the environment of Department brought change, it gave more Cultural and happiness to the students and Staff. Then Dussehra rituals were conducted, lab pooja and department pooja were done. Another minor event done by AI&DS Students.
3.Unnat Bharat Abhiyan(29th Nov, 2022)
Makhmalabad Village Visit under Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA) Makhmalabad village visit under Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA) was organized by the PVG’s College of Engineering and SS Dhamankar Institute of Management, Nashik on 29th November 2022. Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA) is the flagship program of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India. PVG’s College of Engineering and SS Dhamankar Institute of Management, Nashik is participating in Unnat Bharat Abhiyan and adopted five villages for their development in collaboration with district administration. Funds have been received from MHRD, Govt. of India to carry out various surveys and activities in five identified villages. PVG’s College of Engineering, UBA cell organized the first village survey at Makhmalabad village Nashik, Maharashtra and conducted different social activities. Total two faculty members and 30 students from PVG’s College of Engineering participated in the village survey activity. The brief introduction about Unnat Bharat Abhiyan was given by Prof. Vaibhav Chopade Sir, Coordinator, UBA. Under this survey the group of 5 students were made, who visited houses of local people and asked them about their problems facing in their day-to-day life and enquire whether they have been benefited with the different government schemes or not. Students also provided information about various government schemes to the people who were not aware of these schemes and how to apply for them. Students also made a list of problems facing the people so that they can come up with solutions. The forms were provided to the students in which they had to fill in information about the villagers, the schemes with which they are benefited, information about occupation, etc. Likewise, students surveyed 50 houses of Makhmalabad village. In the survey, students came to know about the various socio-economic status and got different experiences altogether.
Career opportunities / Scope of Artificial Intelligence & Data Science in
- Artificial Intelligence Engineer
- Data Architect
- Business Analyst
- Data Journalist
- Database Administrator
- Machine Learning Engineer
- AI Consultant
- Data and Analytics Manager
- Data Scientist
- Data Analytics
- Data Engineer/Developer
- Research Scientist
- Data Engineer
- Business Intelligence Developer
- Expert Analyst
- Applied Machine Learning Engineer
- Analytics Manager / Leader
- Qualitative Expert
- Big Data Architect
- Social Scientist
- Database Developer
- Domain expert
- Software engineer
- Reliability engineer
- Graphic designer
- Data collection specialist
- Data product manager
- Project manager