Pune Vidyarthi Griha’s
College of Engineering, Nashik-4
Virtual Lab Regional Center,
An Initiative of
Ministry of Human Resource Development
under the National Mission on Education through ICT
- To provide remote-access to Labs in various disciplines of Science and Engineering. These Virtual Labs would cater to students at the undergraduate level, post graduate level as well as to research scholars.
- To enthuse students to conduct experiments by arousing their curiosity. This would help them in learning basic and advanced concepts through remote experimentation.
- To provide a complete Learning Management System around the Virtual Labs where the students can avail the various tools for learning, including additional web-resources, video-lectures, animated demonstrations and self evaluation.
- To share costly equipment and resources, which are otherwise available to limited number of users due to constraints on time and geographical distances.
Salient Features :
- Virtual Labs will provide to the students the result of an experiment by one of the following methods (or possibly a combination)
- Modelling the physical phenomenon by a set of equations and carrying out simulations to yield the result of the particular experiment. This can, at-the-best, provide an approximate version of the ‘real-world’ experiment.
- Providing measured data for virtual lab experiments corresponding to the data previously obtained by measurements on an actual system.
- Remotely triggering an experiment in an actual lab and providing the student the result of the experiment through the computer interface. This would entail carrying out the actual lab experiment remotely.
- Virtual Labs will be made more effective and realistic by providing additional inputs to the students like accompanying audio and video streaming of an actual lab experiment and equipment.
Broad Areas of Virtual Labs :
- Electronics and Communications Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering Physical Sciences
- Electrical Engineering Chemical Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering Chemical Engineering
- Biotechnology and Biomedical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering
- Physical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
|Sr. No||Academic Year||Participant Attended||Usages|
How to Access:
Co ordination Team:
|Sr. No.||Name of Faculty||Department||Designation|
|01||Prof. J. Y. Kapadnis||Computer Engineering||Nodal Center Coordinator|
|02||Prof. P. A. Lahare||Computer Engineering||Department Coordinator|
|03||Prof. J. S. Pawar||Information Technology||Department Coordinator|
|04||Prof. P. D.Wadile||Mechanical Engineering||Department Coordinator|
|05||Prof. S.A.Pangavhane||Elect. & Telecommunication Engineering||Department Coordinator|