Welcome To Department Of Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering is one of the most sought after branch in Engineering. It has got wide applications in industry. Mechanical engineers are required in manufacturing, automobile industry, power plants, aviation industry, nuclear energy and all major industries and small scale industries as well as in Government sector. The Department has well developed laboratories, infrastructure and ecosystem for grooming the successful Mechanical engineers of tomorrow.
Prof. Amol R. Rasane (HOD)
The Mechanical Engineering Department endeavors for providing quality education leading to technically competent engineers to cater the changing industrial demands and societal needs.
- To provide state-of- the-art resources to students for imparting quality technical education in Mechanical engineering.
- To develop skilled and employable human resources in Mechanical Engineering to accept the global and societal challenges.
- To prepare competent engineers with the spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation.
Program Specific Outcomes
- To develop an ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems in three core streams of Mechanical Engineering, i.e. design engineering, thermal and fluids engineering and manufacturing engineering.
- To develop an ability to design, manufacture and test an energy efficient system for required engineeringapplications.
- To develop an ability to use CAD/CAM/CAE/Computational tools to solve engineering problems.
- To develop an ability to represent and read an engineering idea physically by means of a 2D / 3D drawing.
- To develop an ability to prepare and execute the plan to manufacture components / assembly